The Gear Exchange Repair Department is managed by Technician & Musician Jim Suter. He has many, many years of experience as a Luthier and is very well known in the OKC Music Scene as well.
Gear Exchange is a Licensed Warranty Service Center for Fender, Squier, EVH, Gretsch, Jackson, and Charvel. Our repair department has an excellent reputation for our expertise and attention to detail. If you have never had your guitar set-up by Jim, you owe it to yourself to have a guitar that plays to your specifications. Jim can make that happen!
Below is a list of prices for the most common repairs and custom work. We are happy to evaluate instruments for repairs that are more specialized, and accept this type of work on a case by case basis. We will decline any repair work if we do not think we can achieve the best results. (Please note that the prices listed are labor charges only, and do not include strings or parts.)
- Install strings, clean and oil fingerboard, tune to pitch. 6 string guitar, bass, ukulele, banjo - $15
- 7 string guitars, Locking tremolo guitars, 12 string guitar, mandolins - $25
- Hard tails, Stratocaster style tremolos, , Bigsbys, Basic 4 or 5 string basses, Acoustic 6 string guitars -$50 (plus cost of strings)
- Locking Tremolo Guitars, 12 string guitars, 6 string basses-$75 (plus cost of strings)
- Solid body guitars - $30 per pickup
- Stratocaster style guitars - $30 first pickup, $15 for each additional
- Arch-tops and hollow-bodies may incur additional charges
- Acoustic under-saddle pickups- $75
- Soundboard or K&K pickups -$100
- EMG pickups - $75
Replace pots, jacks, and switches - $25 - $50
(Depending on degree of difficulty.)
Nut replacement - $75
(Includes mandatory Set-Up)
Tuner replacement - $30 and up
(Sounds like a simple job, but can be fraught with nuanced complications.)
Fret work, cracks, headstock repairs, etc. Estimates are done on a case by case basis, and must be inspected for evaluation.